Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Becoming my own Fairy Godmother....(with a little help from my friends)

So this week I begin my "new life".
My 12' x 32' Cottage is being moved onto my remaining 2 1/2 acres (I split half of it with my niece & nephew, & we traded.. cottage for mobile home). The cottage is unfinished inside, other that a make shift bathroom, some insulation & particle board covering the insulation. ie; a blank canvas. I get to completely design my mini dream home. (it is just a fuzz under 300 sf of living space, not including the 2 lofts, or the 4 foot  front porch).
     At the moment, however, everything is in "wait" mode until it is moved. The water tap and electric meter should go in this week. The septic will be dug after the cottage is in place. A friend of mine has volunteered to do wiring and some carpentry  projects for me, my brother in law will do the plumbing. My sister and niece will help with the painting... and many hands will be carrying things to and fro. I'm moving from a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath mobile home .. to less than 1/3 of that space. And I am SOOOO excited about it! I've been doing research on "tiny homes" and leaving a smaller footprint on the earth. No, before you ask,.. I am not a "tree hugger". But I do think we should all make some changes to help our environment. (I might write a blog on that topic soon). Meanwhile, I am working on my life, and my goals. My main goal is to be happy. Life is far too short to be anything less, right? So what makes you happy? Why not make a list of goals to get you there? Hugs & Blessings, L

1 comment:

  1. On an added note.. I bought my very first "right hand ring" today! :-) Beautiful Silver & CZ.... Remember always, Be good to yourselves. L

    ReplyDelete